Freitag, 25. September 2015

Hold me

Hold Me

With blurry eyes I see you
Beside me smiling in your sleep
What we both were getting into
Was not ours to keep

Feelings that were born to die
A bond bound to the broken
Painful waiting for goodbye
Waiting for a last word spoken

Hold me
Just for another day
Hold me
Until the tide of reason
Will sweep our dreams away

I did not mean to hurt you
Do you harm in any way
But you know as good as I do
That I cannot stay

With as many miles between us
We both know this cannot be

Kiss me
And then let me go
Kiss me
Like the sun kisses the snow

And now you're gone and I move on
On the road I chose to wed
I close my eyes and think of you
With "Iris" in my head
We know this cannot be
With as many miles between us
But from now until forever
In my dreams you'll be with me
© By Thomas Rainer (Lame Immortelle)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen